Saturday, June 1, 2013

Pregnancy and Belly shots....

So Phillip and I found out that we were pregnant basically when we were only a couple weeks along.  Later finding that we were having triplets, we understood why the test came back positive so quickly.  We then went into the doctor when we were about 6 weeks along (we had thought that we were further along by then) and that was when our doctor told us about the triplets.  We were sitting there (well I was lying- having the ultrasound done) and Phillip noticed on the screen that there were 2 sacks that he could see, the doctor said "well there are more than 1", we had both had a feeling that there might be more than one, so we assumed, okay twins, then our doctor said "my dear, you are having triplets".... WHAT?!  At that point I just kind of laughed and Phillip was going through about 10 emotions in about 60 seconds, at one point I thought he was going to pass out he was as white as a sheet!  That was the beginning of our crazy adventure!

The pregnancy itself was bearable, especially for triplets.  I was nauseated and throwing up from about conception to about week 20.  After that I was just nauseated, but luckily not throwing up!  Through those first months of the pregnancy I was pretty much out of commission!  I went to work, and that was about all I could do.  I am very grateful that I was able to still go in and teach my students, I definitely needed that for my emotions and sanity, and I am glad I could stay for their sake as well.  Thankfully my husband, family, and neighbors are truly amazing and stepped right in helping in so many ways.  We had people helping with meals, laundry, cleaning, and everything else under the sun.  Other funky things that I experienced during pregnancy include: extra saliva (no bueno for when reading a story to small children, talk about shower- sorry!!), heart wackiness (flutters and fast heart rate), fatigue, lots of fun with my bowels (that should be another chapter in itself), pretty awesome stretch marks, pressure/pain many places including back, insomnia, formulating sentences and thoughts became difficult, and other weird things that I can't remember at the moment!  Overall though, my experience was tolerable for sure! 

We were terrible at taking belly pictures, but here are the ones that we do have...  At one point it seemed that I had exploded over night, and bam there was a belly!  I absolutely loved it though, it made it seem so real to have them inside and see them grow through my own belly getting bigger!!

10 weeks

 11 weeks
 16 weeks
 17 weeks

 20 weeks
 22 weeks

 25 weeks
 27 weeks (went to ER for contractions)

 28 weeks

 29 weeks
 30 weeks (2 days before delivery)

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment