Here are some additional pics from our adventure on bed rest!
Monday, June 3, 2013
Bed rest
So Phillip and I had checked into the ER on May 14th, as I was having very regular contractions. They monitored me, did a protein test to rule out if I would be going into labor for the next two weeks, which came back negative, so they sent us home. Phillip left the next morning to go out of town. I then also followed up with my doctor who further said that I would be good to go for a long time. Well the very next day, as I went back to work, I just didn't feel right. At the end of the day as I was saying goodbye to my students, one of my waters broke.... Oh no!! We had plans to throw my mom a very special birthday party that day, for her 50th birthday, but instead I was calling her to take me to Labor and Delivery. We checked in, and sure enough, one of my membranes had ruptured. So it was bed rest for me! We came in at 27 weeks and definitely did not want to deliver at that point if at all possible. They gave me medicine to stop the contractions then got me on a steady flow of antibiotics and a round of steroids for the babies lungs. We continued this adventure for 3 weeks and delivered at 30 weeks 4 days, 2 beautiful boys and a girl! Phillip started a blog to keep people updated: http://crystalhospital.blogspot.com/
Here are some additional pics from our adventure on bed rest!
Here are some additional pics from our adventure on bed rest!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment